I wish...

I wished...

My brain were a memory card,
so that I could keep what I wanted to remember and erase what I wanted to forget.

My eyes were a camcorder,
so that I could record some beautiful sights I had seen.

My body would operate on battery,
so that energy refill was as simple as plugging yourself to a charger instead of preparing and eating three elaborate meals.

My body doesn't need sleep every night,
so that I could accomplish so many things everyday instead of wasting time on sleep.

But then I realised that I was wishing I were a robot.

It is a blessing

to be able to forget,
for we can move on in our lives.

to be able to eat,
for we are blessed with the feeling of taste.

to be able to sleep,
for nothing could replace those wonderful dreams.

It's a blessing to be human.






11 comments:

  1. This post has been selected for the Tangy Tuesday Picks this week. Thank You for an amazing post! Cheers! Keep Blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. on the critic side
    to be able to forget,
    for we can move on in our lives.

    This can be done by erasing the contents on the memory card too.. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! True.But I don't like my brain going on/off. I don't want to completely forget bad memories as though they never happened. I just want to bury them and move on.

      Delete
  3. such lovely and cute poems.... i wish if you can read my poems too @ www.grohitbuzz.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I loved this post! :) So rightly said, human are far better than robots!

    ReplyDelete